Add some Mexican flavour to your Garage Sale Trail and be one of the first in the City of Sydney to enjoy the latest trend in mobile dining. The Cantina Mobil Mexican food truck will help kick start the event at 10 am on Saturday 5 May in the Richards Avenue cul-de-sac, Surry Hills.
You’re invited to start your trail with Garage Sale Trail ambassadors Rachel Botsman and Marnie Skillings, founders Andrew Valder and Darryl Nichols and Lord Mayor Clover Moore MP.
Join our ambassadors and check out the Man Sale , selling street fashion, sneakers, books, gadgets and memorabilia for the lads, the Girl Guides and acoustic music from the ukulele group Aubrey and Purton.
Afterwards, relax in our chill out area or take a stroll through Sydney and check out some creative and quirky sales including:
- Art, fabrics, clothes, lampshades, chairs, cushions and ceramics will be available at the Cloth sale in Buckingham Street Surry Hills.
- The Signature Apartments sale on the corner of Renwick & James St, Redfern will have music, a BBQ, cakes, muffins, fresh herbs from their gardens and knick knacks, CDs, clothing and plants.
- The Sydney Sustainable Markets will be hosting Treasures at Taylor Square where you can pick up quirky art and clothing while you savour locally roasted coffee, organic bread and local urban honey.
- Gardeners will have the chance to take home some new plants at the Royal Botanic Gardens garage sale of plants and books at the Growing Friends Nursery,Mrs Macquaries Road
- City libraries at Surry Hills, Green Square and Glebe will be holding book giveaways on the day.
Register your garage sale or search for more sales on your mobile by typing m.truelocal.com.au in your mobile browser and join thousands of people across Sydney and Australia on 5 May.