Learn about the wonderful world of seeds with an experienced edible gardener. From sowing and growing to collecting and storing – discover how cheap and easy it is to grow your edibles from seed in this 2 ½ hour workshop.
- basics of plant and seed lifecycles
- different seed sowing and growing techniques
- seasonality of edible plants and what to plant now
- methods of collecting, storing and labelling your seeds
- how to preserve locally adapted and resilient varieties.
- morning tea – fresh fruit, local bakes goods and organic tea and coffee
- detailed notes
- packets of seed and seasonal edible plant seed you have sown.
Cost: Adult: $75 / Concession: $56.50
About your tutor
Tanya Mein runs food gardening workshops and works in waste education and Bushcare in the Blue Mountains. She has permaculture and bush regeneration qualifications, and is experienced in community gardening and creating productive backyards and balconies. Tanya loves being outdoors and is very passionate about sharing her knowledge.
Please note: When booking tickets you will be using a new booking system. You will be taken to a sign up page and need to create an account.