Did you know that more than a third of waste in household red bins is food waste? Vegetable peelings and many other organic materials can be transformed using a home worm farm into nutrient rich fertiliser perfect for plants. Get the basics on worm farming in this indoor talk and demo from set up and feeding worms to harvesting vermipost and managing common problems. Also find out about worm farming in shared spaces.
- Setting up your worm farm
- What to feed them and how much
- How to harvest and use the organic fertiliser
- How to maintain a healthy system
Suitable for: Adults, beginners
- Lecture-style talk and demonstration
- Links and notes via email
- Opportunity for questions
- Paper & pen
- Water bottle
Please note: When booking tickets you will be using a new booking system. You will be taken to a sign up page and need to create an account.
Not able to make the workshop? Why not view our video tutorial ‘How to start a worm farm in four steps’ instead.