Get hands-on building your own self-contained wicking planter full of seasonal plants
Wicking beds are a clever way to water plants from below, providing consistent damp conditions. These self-watering systems allow water stored in the base to ‘wick’ up through the soil. Having water readily available at the roots helps healthy plant growth and reduces mildew or fungal problems.
In this workshop, a horticultural tutor will show you how to build your own wicking bed. You’ll take home your own polystyrene wicking container garden filled with six edible plants, and the knowledge to help your plants thrive.
What you’ll learn:
- how to build your own wicking planters
- essentials for organic container growing
- tips for edible gardening in spring and summer
Suitable for: Adults, beginner to intermediate
What you’ll receive:
- your own wicking bed with 6 edible plants
- instructional notes and a materials list in case you want to create more
- morning tea: organic coffee / tea, locally baked goods and seasonal fruit
- Paper & pen
- Water bottle
Cost: Adult: $75 / Concession: $56.50
Please note: When booking tickets you will be using a new booking system. You will be taken to a sign up page and need to create an account.